How Stellher Can Help in a
Time of Crisis
How Stellher Can Help in a Time of Crisis
Our crisis response staff can travel to a safe location and provide face-to-face intervention to assist the individual:
- Cope with the immediate crisis and stress.
- Identify and utilize available resources and strengths.
- Help return the individual to a baseline level of functioning.
Our mental health crisis services are for children birth to 18 years of age who are experiencing a mental health crisis and are in need of immediate mental health intervention. These services are intended to enhance services already being provided by law enforcement, hospital emergency rooms and social services.
Suicide / Homicide Thoughts
If a child demonstrates suicidal or homicidal thoughts, contact our crisis team at 800-422-0045 and our staff will meet face-to-face and conduct an assessment to aid the referral agency in determining the least restrictive and safe level of treatment.
If the family is having an escalating conflict, our crisis team can provide face-to-face family conflict resolution skills building.
Referral agencies can mobilize crisis services by calling our crisis line at 800-422-0045. The crisis call center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays.
When the agency contacts the crisis line, they will be asked by trained crisis dispatch what county they are calling from and the their name and number will be taken. They will page the on-call worker who will contact the referring agency.
The crisis worker will provide a culturally appropriate face-to-face assessment at the agency site or a site that is determined appropriate by the on-call crisis worker, parent and referring agency. The crisis worker will assess the youth’s lethality level or conflict level and help youth and family return to a baseline level of functioning.
After the crisis intervention, stabilization services can be provided to the youth and family for up to two weeks after the initial intervention. Stabilization services include but are not limited to:
- Helping get family set up with county case managers
- Scheduling diagnostic assessments
- Referring for individual therapy services
- Getting youth set up with insurance if needed
- Short term therapy to the family to ensure they are out of crisis
- Coordination of client care with county case managers and local Children’s Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS) providers
Stellher Human Services, Inc. works with local mental health providers regarding same day or next day appointments as needed for crisis call clients.
FREE 24/7 HELP
Text MN to 741741
Northern Minnesota Suicide Prevention
TRIBAL COUNTY PARTNERSHIP